Whether Republican, Democrat, or Progressive, the facts don’t change. You are entitled to your interpretation of the facts but lets agree on the facts. In the bullet list of what I believe are facts, I’ll try to keep my conservative views on the sidelines. Since the mainstream media does not cover most of the items in this list, many citizens will not be familiar with these facts.
* President Obama has appointed more czars than any other president. Maybe more than all others combined.
* President Obama’s administration has not followed the Constitutional requirement to forward a budget to Congress every year.
*President Obama has bypassed Congressional rules and precedents to appoint officials without the advice and consent of the Senate.
* President Obama has spent trillions more than the government takes in.
* President Obama has expanded the role and size of the executive departments and agencies.
* President Obama has used executive power to bypass Congressional authority.
* President Obama refused the Republican offer to give him the authority to select where the sequestration cuts would be made to lessen the impact on the people.
* President Obama has stonewalled Congressional rights to information in the case of the death of the American ambassador in the terrorist attack on Ben Ghazi and in the case of ‘fast and furious’ supplying guns to Mexico’s drug cartels. On the Ben Ghazi issue he refused to call it a terrorist attack for two weeks, insisting more facts were needed. The Justice Department arrested a filmmaker accused of inciting the attack on Ben Ghazi. The president vowed to bring the attackers to justice. So far, we have no evidence of the effort to apprehend them. Evidence is now surfacing that no attempt was made to rescue the embattled personnel at the consulate and annex.
* President Obama has supported the Arab position in issues with Israel.
* President Obama refuses to use the term “War on Terror.” The killing of several soldiers at Fort Hood by an Army major and follower of Islam shouting Islamic slogans is called “workplace violence.”
* The President and his Attorney General consistently opt to give Islamic terrorists the protection and rights usually reserved for U.S. citizens.
* The President’s redline was crossed by Assad in Syria weeks ago when he used chemical weapons against the Syrian people. No comment or action so far.
* The President’s repeated attempts to engage the Iranian regime regarding their efforts to develop nuclear weapons have not worked.
* An open microphone caught the President whispering to President Medvedev of Russia to, “Tell Putin he (Obama) would have more flexibility after the election.”
* Despite the President’s words, unemployment is worse.
* Under President Obama, welfare recipients have risen dramatically.
* The President campaigned on the promise Obamacare would bring down medical costs. They have increased instead.
* The President stated he would support “all of the above” in discussing his energy plans. He and his administration have constantly taken positions to destroy our fossil fuel production. The coal industry is shutting down. The Keystone Pipeline from Canada is still pending another EPA ‘study.’ Billions have been spent in supporting marginal energy producers that haven’t worked.
* Stimulus One did not provide private sector jobs. The President remains committed to the belief government spending is the key to economic development.
* Obama’s administration has issued more regulations impacting economic development than either Presidents Carter or Clinton.
* President Obama has not focused on job development in the private sector.
* President Obama has not tried to find who leaked voluminous intelligence secrets to the press. All the leaks made the President look good.
I’m sure many Progressives can explain these facts in a favorable light. That is their right. At least some of the facts should concern even Progressives. Most of them should concern Democrats. Given a stronger Congress, President Obama would be flirting with impeachment proceedings.
By the author of the Jack Brandon Thriller series. www.factsandfictions.com
- Frank: I Don’t Know Why President Obama Will Not Define Boston Terror Attack As Jihad (freebeacon.com)
- AP Scrubs ‘Muslim’ from Obama’s Self-Referential Joke (frontpagemag.com)
- Eight Decades of Insights 44 (factsandfictions.com)