Picking a candidate to replace President Obama should be easy. Just about anyone would be an improvement if they are a moderate Democrat or a small government Republican. At this point I like Governor Scott Walker and former democratic senator Jim Webb. They, along with some other candidates, share many of my list of what America needs after Obama.
My list is simple:
- REDUCE THE SIZE AND SCOPE OF GOVERNMENT;
- ENCOURAGE THE PRIVATE SECTOR TO GROW AND CREATE EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES;
- BUILD THE PIPELINE;
- REDO THE TAX CODE;
- RE-ESTABLISH OUR FORMER MILITARY POWER, INCLUDING NATO;
- RECOGNIZE IRAN AND PUTIN AS BEING REAL THREATS TO WORLD PEACE;
- CONDUCT A REAL WAR ON ISLAMIC RADICAL JIHADISTS;
- STAND WITH OUR SUNNI ARAB ALLIES, KURDS, AND ISRAEL IN THE MIDDLE EAST;
- CANCEL MOST OF OBAMA’S EXECUTIVE ORDERS AND AGENCY-ISSUED REGULATIONS;
- REPLACE MOST OF OBAMACARE WITH A PRIVATE SECTOR PATIENT/DOCTOR PLAN;
- ACHIEVE A BALANCED BUDGET PROCESS IN FOUR YEARS;
- BUILD BACK CITIZENS’ TRUST IN GOVERNMENT;
- SPEAK THE TRUTH TO THE PEOPLE;
- TAKE CARE OF OUR VETERANS; AND
- NEVER USE THE FOLLOWING WORDS OR PHRASES: FAIR SHARE, SAVE THE MIDDLE CLASS, LEVEL THE PLAYING FIELD, A NATION OF COWARDS ABOUT RACE, TRANSFORM AMERICA, EVERYONE PAYING A FAIR SHARE, CARBON TAX, WORKPLACE VIOLENCE, WAR ON COAL, DANGERS OF CLIMATE CHANGE, LEAD FROM BEHIND, DEPEND ON THE U.N., WAR ON WOMEN, AND I DID, MY ADMINISTRATION, I HAVE A PEN AND PHONE.
Use this list to evaluate your candidate and see how they score. In a coming blog I will talk about some individual candidates.
Written by the author of the Jack Brandon thriller/suspense novels and “Insights: Transforming America — Is This What We Fought For?” available now as an e-book, in paperback or hardcover on Amazon.com or BN.com. Another analytical book on the transforming process, “Insights: Stepping Stones to Tyranny,” is now published and available in paperback at $9.95 and on nook and kindle at $3.99. Follow the author on Twitter @factsfictions80. “ISIS,” a new Jack Brandon novel dealing with ISIS in America, will be out in March or early April.